On Wednesday night, a few ladies and I had a Clean Christmas Cookie Exchange! It was a great time!! There is just something about getting together with other like minded woman! We talked about our recipes and our oops! Including my dog eating 4 doz of my cookies:(( We talked about what we were doing nutrition wise to stay healthy through the holidays. We encouraged each other and lifted each other up! It really was a great time!
You see, I believe we need nights like that to stay encouraged in our health journey! There is so many temptations and opportunities to not eat healthy we need time of building each other up and encouraging each other!! However, I don’t just want that once a year at a cookie exchange!! So, I decided for the month of January to meet weekly with whoever wants to meet, to talk nutrition, work on meal plans and of course workout!! Who wants to join me??? If you are seriously interested comment below or shoot me an email!!
After our exchange of course I posted a picture on Facebook of all our wonderful goodies! Many of you were asking for the recipes, so I thought the easiest way was to put them all on here in this blog!! So enjoy and don’t eat them all at once!!
Homemade Chocolate Truffle
- 1 cup Cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (the cream from the top of an unsweetened can of coconut milk)
Mix all ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Cover and place in the freezer for 15-20 mins or until firm. Pour a little cocoa, or shredded coconut, or chopped nuts into a shallow bowl for the coating.
Scoop out a small spoonful, gently roll it in your hands and drop it in the bowl with coating!
Peanut Butter Cups
Ingredients: Makes 24 minis
- 2/3 cup organic coconut oil
- ½ cup organic cocoa powder
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 12 tsp natural peanut butter
Melt coconut oil on low heat and add cocoa powder, maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla. Stir until smooth.
Pour 1.5 teaspoons of the mixture into mini muffin papers.
Freeze for 10 minutes.
Take ½ teaspoon of peanut butter and flatten onto chocolate cups.
Pour a thin layer of the chocolate mixture on top of the peanut to cover.
Freeze for another 10 minutes.
Remove and enjoy!
Cream Cheese Bites
- 2 (8oz) packages of cream cheese, soften
- 3 1/2 Tbsp of xylitol
- Dash of vanilla
- 3/4 batch of Skinny Chocolate cut into small pieces
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter (all-natural and no sugar)
Combine cream cheese, sweetner and vanilla with mixer until fluffy (2-4mins). Add chocolate bits and peanut butter. Gently swirl together. Place bite size drops onto wax paper lined cookie sheets. Freeze. Enjoy! (recipe from Trim Healthy Mama)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- sweetener of choice
combine all ingredients and pour into plastic plated lined with foil or wax paper. Freeze. Enjoy
Trim Healthy Mama Peanut Butter Cookie
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup xylitol
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 heaping Tbsp of ground flax seed
Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients together. Let sit for a couple minutes. Place small balls on parchment line pan. Press down with fork. Bake 8-10 mins.
- 1 c. of shredded or flaked unsweetened coconut
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil (melted)
- ¼ c. honey
- 12 drops of YL Peppermint Oil
- 1 c. of chocolate chips
1. In a food processor, process the shredded coconut about 30 seconds until very fine. Add the coconut oil, honey, and peppermint oil. Process until smooth paste has formed.
2. Shape the paste into about 1.5 inch size rounds and place on cookie sheet. Place the rounds in the freezer for 10 minutes.
3. Melt the chocolate in the microwave on medium power or oven over a double boiler. Remove the shaped patties form the freezer and coat in chocolate. Pop into fridge or freezer until ready to serve.
4. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
The rest of the recipes I shared in an earlier post called Christmas Giveaway Week 1. If you would like to get the rest of the recipes emailed to you fill out the form below:)
Comment below any questions you have about the recipes or any questions about the POWER HOUR!!